Monday, September 8, 2008

Jobbernowl




City: Miami
Years Active: 1990 - 1992
Type of Music: Melodic Punk
Myspace or Website: n/a

Until a few weeks ago, I'd never heard of Jobbernowl. My friend Ariel had their demo and their 10' on cassette and told me they should be up here. I sat down and listened and was blown away. The band reminds me alot of bands like the Descendants and All, real good melodic punk rock. Turns out that the singer, George Graquitena, is a long time supporter of the South Florida scene having started such bands as Fay Wray, Cell 63, and the Van Orsdels (his current band). The band also released a song on a comp for Dr. Strange Records as well as a 7 inch so Ill be trying to track those down. As is with the bands I was never able to see, if anyone has any information to pass along, feel free to drop me a line and Ill add it.

Jobbernowl - Demo 1990

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YLN95R0X

Jobbernowl - Static Head

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XZR41TWT

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm looking for some music from bands I enjoyed in South Florida back in the day (early 90's) and I was wondering if you could help. My favorite was/is dragonfly/ Mother Nature but I know how to get their stuff. I was looking for Alligator Alley, Skylar, and Idol Threat specifically. Can you assist with any of that or do you know where else I can look for assistance? Thanks.