Thursday, February 12, 2009

Glasseater - Holiday (Weezer Cover)


For past Glasseater entries, click here: http://southfloridamusicscene.blogspot.com/search?q=glasseater

Glasseater recorded this track, a cover of Weezer's song "Holiday", for a compilation called "Rock Music: A Tribute To Weezer" on Dead Droid Records. This has Jason on vocals and still features the classic lineup up from their first 2 records. Glasseater put their own spin on the song and I think it holds up pretty well.

Glasseater - Holiday (Weezer cover)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WYAPD68I

Also, a little tidbit of info about this compilation: Miami straight edge band Destro was originally slated to be on this comp as well. They recorded a cover of "Suzanne" from the Mallrats soundtrack which was drastically different from the original. The compilation was delayed numerous times so the band decided to include the track as a hidden track on their full length "The Accuracy of Broken Whispers". The owner of Dead Droid records found out, blew up about the situation, and kicked the band off the compilation replacing them with Midtown who did the same song. If you wanna hear their version, its about 30 seconds after the song "Jettison" on the full length. You can check it out here:

http://southfloridamusicscene.blogspot.com/2008/02/destro.html

2 comments:

CGT said...

Yo Chip, it's Robert. I finally got my shit up. It's just about stuff that's going on here right now, but it might expand. If you ever wanna throw something up on it let me know.

Anonymous said...

I'm on a bit of a nostalgia rage at the moment, and this blog is reminding me of too many things. Now I'm recalling being 16 (15?) and seeing Weezer with a friend, and some friends of friends, including Jason. I knew you too Chip, but I'm not sure if you'd remember me.