Thursday, June 12, 2008

Bingo Mut


City: Pompano Beach
Years Active: 1993-1994 (roughly)
Type of Music: Punk Ska
Myspace or Website: n/a

So what is so significant about Bingo Mut? Matt Fox played drums for them before starting Shai Hulud thats what. I can look back now and appreciate this record though when I first heard it I did not care for it (probably because I was trying to be Mr. Hardcore Elitist). Now I can listen back and enjoy it. If anyone has further information on the band, please let me know so I can add it. Also this was released by Far Out Records who seemed to have their hands in everything punk/ska that came out of South Florida. Just a heads up, Matt informed me that he has a recording that was supposed to be their second 7 inch but was never released. He's in Europe right now but when he gets back Ill try and get it posted. Also, thanks to Alex who noted that Pete Careeno who played bass in Culture played in Bingo Mut. Thanks also goes out to Joe Basi
for letting us know that Bingo Mut Founding Member and Bassist Tim McGrath went on to form the Jive Step Bunch and King 7 and the Soulsonics and played bass in both bands. He is also a well known Tattoo Artist - was previously at Babylon Tattoo and is now living in Georgia.

Bingo Mut - The Meanest Man

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RHFRKZJO

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pete Carreno also played in the band, he was the 2nd bassist in Culture.

LisaCase said...

Hardcore and still SXE staple Jordan on the cover! Layne did some girly backup vocals and she is now married to Louie Long who played drums in ... man, my memory is bad.

Anonymous said...

You don't know how happy I am that I found this blog and you posted this EP. I've been looking for this for almost 10 years now, since a kid from Florida moved to Hong Kong with this EP on cassette. It was lost or stolen and never to be heard from again, I've had the songs stuck in my head since then!
thanks so much for posting this!

Anonymous said...

Anybody have the first demo with "All New Me"? I have it on an old tape, but it's worn and plays like shit.

NEG said...

Ha! I used to be the singer in this band!

Locke said...

Not sure if anybody is interested, but I have this 7 inch up on ebay here

CGT said...

I'm so glad you told me about this post on Thursday Chip. Totally bidding on that 7"

Anonymous said...

Louie Long played drums in Morning Again and was in Donut Run also.

Anonymous said...

Louie was in Culture also..

Cyndalie said...

Don't forget Noah Eli Gordon, now a renowned poet.

Anonymous said...

I remember Ravi being in the band.